VIP Coordinator/Tasting Room Host
4401 Slusser Road Windsor, CA 95492 US
VIP/Trade Coordinator/ Tasting Room Host
Long Term Temp
Hourly Rate: $24
Schedule: Winery Open 7 days a week, must be flexible. Able to work weekends and holidays if needed.
Position Overview: Working as part of the tasting room team this position has the primary responsibility of coordinating, organizing and booking trade, VIP and media groups visiting the winery. This role serves as the main point of contact for all related bookings for the brand team’s sales and marketing organizations. The position also supports our tasting room hosting wine tastings, educating guests on our wine and history and conducting winery/vineyard tours. This role is responsible for ensuring each guest experiences the unique culture of our winery while receiving outstanding customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the trade/distributor/VIP/media Winery visit agenda development, communication, and on property coordination.
- Serve as the main point of contact for brand and marketing team to book trade, VIP and media groups.
- Work directly with marketing/field contact to gather necessary details regarding guests visit, allergens, special accommodations, etc. and arrange for any catering needs during visits.
- Ensures that responsible party is properly invoiced for all related tour and food charges.
- Working with the winery Homeplace staff and winemaking teams as needed for coordination of tours, tastings and lunches as hosting relates to trade visitor program.
- Working closely with Homeplace accounting teams, create monthly bill back invoices.
- Wine club Support the Club team on an “as needed” basis as time allows.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with our external partners (caterer, etc.)
- Promotes the sale of wine, wine club memberships and non-wine products sold in the tasting room and visitor center.
- Conducts public and private tours of winery facilities including the vineyard.
- Prepare tasting room for daily opening and closing. Responsible for clean-up of tasting room and preparation of room for wine tastings and tours. Restock shelves and maintain displays as needed.
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, which includes operating cash register and accounting of daily sales and bank deposits accurately. Process tasting room and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Promote responsible hospitality by checking identification as required by state regulation for serving alcohol and recognize the symptoms of intoxication.
- Provide general tourist information and, in some case, more concierge type service, calling restaurants for reservations, assisting with appointments at other wineries
- Represent winery at outside functions as needed. Might work in different settings, Tasting Room, Vineyard and Cellar.
- 1 year of tasting room, wine industry or hospitality experience. Or equivalent in a retail/service industry.
- Strong mathematical, reading and verbal/written communication skills.
- Prior experience in wine industry, general wine principals and tasting room experience desirable.
- Must be 21 years of age to sell alcohol products and have a valid CA driver’s license.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and a flexible schedule.
- Physical Requirements - Ability to climb stairs and ladders as needed to stock shelves and arrange displays and decorations, ability to work on feet for long periods of time, bending and lifting movements, manual dexterity, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
For Consideration please call 707-575-5005 or email email@example.com