Staffing Specialist I
1822 Jefferson Street Napa, CA 94559
The Staffing Specialist I will work in an extremely fast paced environment and the primary responsibilities include Client Management and Recruitment. The Staffing Specialist is under the direction of the Branch Manager
- Complies with applicable federal and state laws and regulations and institutional policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to candidate placement.
- Meets or exceeds job placement objectives/metrics as established by Star Staffing
- Identifies developing relationships with clients and secures new and existing accounts by providing WOW experience to exceed expectations when placing candidates against job orders and continued service
- Sources, schedules, screens and interviews applicants to ensure they meet Star Staffing standards as well as ensuring they meet criteria for placement based on required skill-set, certifications, etc.
- Prepares candidates for job placement readiness and continued future employment through relationship building beyond initial placement
- Consistently attends Job Fairs, Chamber and other networking events
- Advertises job openings across multiple platforms e.g. career page, job boards, social media, etc.
- Conducts all pre-employment screening, e.g. references, background checks, education, etc.
- Keeps detailed and accurate records relating to candidates and job search process for each person in database.
- Keeps up on latest industry trends, best practices and shares insights
- Performs safety walk-through and inspections with clients and conducts observations.
- Resolves all injured worker instances with Clients, Safety Manager, employee and 3rd party resources
- Completes required monthly training including but not limited to Safety and other industry related training
- 2+ years’ experience (any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Amazing Customer Service and relationship building skills
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box
- Solid organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Possesses a sense of urgency
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and resume data bases (Preferred)
- Prior staffing industry experience a plus (Preferred)
- Experience with interviewing and evaluating candidates (Preferred)
- Ability to travel locally, clean DMV required