13250 River Road Guerneville, CA 95446
Deli Sous Chef
Our client is seeking the very best Sous Chef to join their team. Reporting to the Winery chef’s, as well as the deli manager this role will assist in creating items for display in the deli case, prepping for the sandwich/salad boards, assisting in sandwich and salad creation on the boards, and all other culinary needs.
Typical schedule is 9am-5:00pm (Days off vary during the week. You must be able to work weekends)
Rate of pay is : $25/ HR
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Participates in recipe coordination, menu planning, and all aspects of food preparation.
2. Performs as a hands-on Chef, and when staff is assisting, oversees all food preparation, production, and presentation, ensures that recipes are followed, and preparation and presentation standards are adhered to consistently.
3. Maintain set food pars based on the current seasons, set new pars as needed, to minimize food waste.
4. Assist Deli Manager with monthly food inventory and ordering
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
1. Must have professional or formal culinary training and restaurant experience and demonstrated advanced knowledge of food and wine pairing.
2. An understanding of trends and characteristics of the food and wine industry.
3. Ability to work a fluctuating schedule, often under short notice, including late evenings and weekends.
4. Must have excellent oral and written communication skill
- 3 years professional restaurant or related culinary experience is a minimum requirement.
- Current food handlers’ certificate
- Must be able to operate kitchen equipment, appliances, and tools.
For immediate consideration please speak with Jose at 707-575-5005