5550 Skylane Blvd. Suite N Santa Rosa, CA 95403 US
Location: On-site in our Santa Rosa Branch - role is not remote
The Sourcer provides high volume recruiting support to the Branch regarding all candidate and employee onboarding matters such as sourcing, screening, interviewing, and placing candidates into roles. A successful Sourcer will work in an extremely fast-paced environment, have high volume quality contact, and will develop and maintain relationships with candidates in the branch territory.
- Source, interview, screen and evaluate potential applicants to build robust candidate pipeline.
- Build and maintain candidate pipeline using database (ATS), job boards, local recruiting sources, social media, and referrals.
- Conduct high-volume outreach to potential candidates utilizing methods such as phone calls, texting software, emails, etc.
- Collaborate with Branch Manager, Staffing Specialists and Client Success Managers to create ideal candidate profiles.
- Identify qualified candidates to suit the needs of the client and meet their order fulfillment requirements.
- Manage pre-job placement process ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Sends onboarding packets, completes eVerify, administers skills assessments, background & reference checks, drug screens, and general safety trainings.
- Prepare candidates for job readiness by communicating all new hire orientation information along with client specific job expectations and policies.
- Conduct check-ins with employees who have been placed on assignment to ensure continued success.
- Promote Star Staffing programs including referral incentive program to current and prospective employees.
- Attends daily huddles to collaborate with team regarding job openings, candidate/client updates and to set daily individual and branch goals
- Meets and exceeds metrics/goals established in hiring agreement.
- Complete all required trainings including but not limited to Safety and other industry-related subjects.
- Follow all processes and procedures to maintain compliance standards including but not limited to federal and state laws, regulations, and institutional policies.
- Maintain integrity of database by accurately documenting applicant, employee, and client information in real-time into the Applicant Tracking System (i.e., work history, communication/correspondence, interview, notes, placements, etc.)
- 1-2 years of combined prior experience, education, knowledge, training, skills, etc.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) REQUIRED
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of achieving goals/metrics
- Prior experience with high volume outbound calls
- Prior sales and/or lead generation experience very helpful
- Strong customer service mindset
- Excellent computer skills and experience using databases
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented