Sanitation worker - Grave shift
2330 North Point Parkway Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Onsite health care, referral bonus programs, and food discounts are just some of the perks at a local, family-owned organics company. Join this thriving company now with new higher pay rates.
Our client is seeking candidates to perform standard cleaning procedures on food processing equipment and utensils and maintain the interior and exterior of the building according to standards for food manufacturing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform standard cleaning procedures as documented and trained for equipment and facilities. This includes disassembly/assembly, application of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals, scrubbing, and rinsing.
- Combine and mix required cleaning agents as documented for each cleaning assignment.
- Use caution and follow correct handling procedures.
- Understands safe operation of equipment including safety devices and guards.
- Follows correct lockout/tag out and safety procedures as directed for each piece of equipment
- Understands correct labeling of chemicals and containers
- Collect and remove all remaining trash from production and packaging lines, kitchen, and warehouse areas. Dispose of trash in outside trash dumpsters.
- Collect recycle materials and dispose of in recycle bins.
- Notify the Sanitation Team Leader or on-duty mechanic of any malfunctioning equipment immediately.
- Inspect each cleaning job upon completion to ensure job has been performed correctly. Correct any substandard conditions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form is required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from various backgrounds
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, kneel, crouch.
- The employee frequently is required to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to use PPE such as hairnet, smock, safety steel toe boots, ear plugs, safety glasses, bump caps, apron, and gloves.
- Comfortable working with water and pressure hose.
For immediate considerations, please contact Isabel Cano (707) 575-5005.