Sanitation Team Lead
2330 North Point Parkway Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Sanitation Team Lead
Our client is seeking a candidate who can lead sanitation workers in regards to performing their job tasks and ensuring work is being done safely, and efficiently. You will be working closely with the Shift lead and manager to mold a smoothly running sanitation department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that employees perform standard cleaning procedures as documented and trained for equipment and facilities. This includes disassembly/assembly, application of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals, scrubbing and rinsing.
- Combine and mix required cleaning agents as documented for each cleaning assignment.
- Use caution and follow correct handling procedures.
- Work closely with Shift Lead to direct sanitation workers throughout the day.
- Ensure that employees follow safety procedures and use proper products, personal protective gear.
- Understand correct labeling of chemicals and containers
- Lead by example and help the sanitation workers keep clean work stations, provide equipment to them as needed.
- Collect recycle materials and dispose of in recycle bins.
- Take feedback from Sanitation employees and Team Lead about malfunctioning equipment.
- Notify on-duty mechanic of any malfunctioning equipment immediately.
- Inspect each cleaning job upon completion to ensure job has been performed correctly. Correct any substandard conditions.
- Build a strong team oriented work environment and work to boost morale of the Sanitation workers.
- Ability to interpret and effectively communicate a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form is required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and explain safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from various backgrounds
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, kneel, crouch.
- The employee frequently is required to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to use PPE such as hairnet, smock, safety steel toe boots, ear plugs, safety glasses, bump caps, apron and gloves.
- Comfortable working with water and pressure hose.
For immediate considerations, please contact Isabel Cano at (707) 575-5005.