2560 N. Texas St., #B , Suite 2 Fairfield, CA 94533
We are in search of an extraordinary safety professional who thrives in a collaborative work culture and is dedicated to keeping employees safe. Are you passionate about working with employees and those responsible for the worksite to ensure a safe environment for all? Are you excited about engaging with others to create results?
3 reasons why this company is for you:
- Voted Best Places to Work, Best Company in bay Area, Best Company Outlook in 2021
- Voted A+ Employee Choice Award for 4 years
- If you have an unstoppable desire to make a meaningful impact on keeping employees safe, apply today.
What you will do:
The Safety Manager will be responsible for leading and managing all risk programs throughout the organization. These risk programs include proactive safety, accident investigation and management, OSHA compliance, wellness, and other legal compliance. This role is responsible for the creation, implementation and management of all safety and loss prevention programs and procedures. This role is expected to carry out the above functions in a way that not only keeps employees safe, but also protects and enhances the assets of the company. We expect the duties and results of this role to help deliver premium services, remain innovative, and provide our clients and employees the experience that has made us Northern California’s most trusted and reputable staffing firm.
- Lead, manage, and require accountability of the entire risk function for the organization
- Ensure that all elements of risk management keep the organization performing within KPIs
- Create and manage a safety program for the organization that protects and enhances the assets of the company
- Ensure that the safety incentive program is active and engaging. Modify and improve to keep it engaging and useful.
- Ensure all staff has the appropriate safety resources to be effective in their role and keep employees and clients safe
- Provide direct training to for supervisors and employees on policies, regulations and procedures.
- Develop programs to ensure the hiring of employees who will work safely, creating safe work environments, and providing feedback to both employees and clients on risk management
- Ensure that supervisors are knowledgeable on conducting effective safety observations and walkthroughs
- Ensure that all safety materials and processes are being followed
- Maintain and train on our IIPP
- Guarantee company compliance with all OSHA requirements
- Be onsite at multiple locations to create relationships with employees and clients that create mutually rewarding safety improvement plans
Skills and requirements:
- Light Industrial Worksites (Warehouse, manufacturing, food production, winery, or similar)
- Accident Investigation and Corrective Action Plans
- Risk Assessments
- Safety Training
- OSHA requirements and other legal matters regarding workplace safety
Location: Home office can be in any of our Sonoma, Napa, Solano, Sacramento or San Joaquin county branches.
About Star Staffing:
A women-powered workforce solutions and staffing company serving Northern California with offices in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Napa, Fairfield, Sacramento, Lodi, Hayward, and Manteca. We offer local expertise and service and provide a wide range of positions and industries.