3820 Cypress Drive , Suite 2 Petaluma, CA 94954
The Safety Director will be responsible for leading and managing all risk programs throughout the organization. These risk programs include proactive safety, accident investigation and management, OSHA compliance, wellness, and other legal compliance. This role is responsible for the creation, implementation and management of all safety and loss prevention programs and procedures. This role is expected to carry out the above functions in a way that not only keeps employees safe, but also protects and enhances the assets of the company. We expect the duties and results of this role to help deliver premium services, remain innovative, and provide our clients and employees the experience that has made us Northern California’s most trusted and reputable staffing firm.
- Lead, manage, and require accountability of the entire risk function for the organization
- Ensure that all elements of risk management keep the organization performing within KPIs
- Create and manage a safety program for the organization that protects and enhances the assets of the company
- Ensure that the safety incentive program is active and engaging. Modify and improve to keep it engaging and useful.
- Ensure all staff has the appropriate safety resources to be effective in their role and keep employees and clients safe
- Provide direct training to for supervisors and employees on policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Develop programs to ensure the hiring of employees who will work safely, creating safe work environments, and providing feedback to both employees and clients on risk management
- Ensure that supervisors are knowledgeable on conducting effective safety observations and walkthroughs
- Ensure that all safety materials and processes are being followed
- Ensure that forms, policies, and procedures are compliant with local, state, and federal requirements and in line with best practices
- Maintain and train on our IIPP
- Guarantee company compliance with all OSHA requirements
- Field Support
- Be active and available in branches and at Client worksites
- Create relationships with supervisors and clients to create mutually rewarding safety improvement plans
- Host tailgate meetings and provide ongoing training at worksites
- When possible, sit on safety committees for worksites and play an active role.
Must be experienced at:
- Light Industrial Worksites (Warehouse, manufacturing, food production, winery, or similar)
- Accident Investigation and Corrective Action Plans
- Risk Assessments
- Safety Training
- OSHA requirements and other legal matters regarding workplace safety
Other Required Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a safety management role
- Safety/Risk Control Experience within a medium to large size organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, and develop staff members
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and ability to learn reporting systems.
- Great attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
- Safety Certification strongly preferred