Production Associate - Part-time
1802 C Street Sacramento, CA 95811 US
We are in search of an experienced Production Associate to support the manufacturing department. As a Production Associate, you will be responsible for supporting production by performing duties that ensure production processes and equipment run safely, efficiently, and effectively.
7:00 am - 3:30 pm, 3 days a week (no weekends)
3 reasons why this company is for you:
- Growth Opportunities
- Team – based Work Environment
- Strong Safety Culture
- Must understand and adhere to line certification, HACCP processes and auditing, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs) and safety practices.
- Maintains product quality by recognizing and understanding customer specifications, defective products, packets and/or packaging.
- Maintain a clean work environment to ensure the team and product are safe from debris or obstacles. May be required to perform sanitation work in their designated work area and on specified lines.
- Required to meet output standards, schedules, and deadlines designated by supervisor.
- Must handle material to include packing product into containers, sealing containers, and clean up as required.
- Follow work rotations schedules and handle material of various weights and dimensions.
- Manually removes non-specified almond kernels and foreign material from product while moving on a conveyer belt. Collects and logs all “pick-out” from sorting belts.
- Manually remove packets from moving conveyor belts. Ensure only quality product is processed.
- Must be able to understand customer specifications and material handling functions to include putting packets into displays and containers, sealing containers, palletizing, and clean-up as directed.
- Must be able to lift and move seasonings, fibers and finished products of various weight up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to recognize almond quality, defective packets and remove. Essential to have hand and eye coordination. Occasionally performs audits and document findings.
- May be required to perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required by supervisor.
- Works under general supervision and receives assignments from supervisors, leads and line operator.
Production Associate Skills and requirements:
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Lift up to 50lbs
Schedule is rotating (5 working days to support 7 day coverage) with mandatory OT.
Shift is 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, 3 days a week (no weekends)
About Star Staffing:
A women-powered workforce solutions and staffing company serving Northern California with offices in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Napa, Fairfield, Sacramento, Modesto, Hayward, Stockton, and Manteca. We offer local expertise and service and provide a wide range of positions and industries.