1802 C Street Sacramento, CA 95811 US
Our ideal candidate comes with experience processing a high volume of timecards (over 1,000) and is advanced in Excel and time and attendance software.
Type: Possible Temp-to Hire
Schedule: Monday-Friday (Possible Hybrid)
Time: 8am-5pm (Hours are flexible, OT expected)
Perks: 401K Roth, Medical/Dental Vision offered, Sick pay, Vacation accrual
What you’ll do:
The Payroll Specialist will play a crucial role in the processing and maintaining of payroll and audits. Responsibilities could include reviewing timesheets, transcribing data, analyzing records, respond to employees’ inquiries, and general office duties.
- Review team members timesheets during and after each pay period, verify information, work hours, and exceptions for accuracy
- Inputs, processes, and maintains payroll time-keeping historical data in the Kronos system for hourly and salaried employees
- Prepares, analyzes, and review payroll records and reports upon request from management or other members of the Payroll Team
- Calculates earnings and verify withholding status and deductions to process the payroll
- Responds to employee inquiries and resolves related problems
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Distribute and mail payroll checks and pay advice
- Organize and maintain payroll department records and files
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
About Star Staffing:
A women-powered workforce solutions and staffing company serving Northern California with offices in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Napa, Fairfield, Sacramento, Lodi, Hayward, and Manteca. We offer local expertise and service and provide a wide range of positions and industries.
H.S diploma / GED required Drug Screen and Background Check. Course in accounting or computer software (i.e., Microsoft Office) Must possess good knowledge of company policies and procedure, and standard office procedures Working knowledge of Kronos or other timekeeping system, as well as Microsoft Office environment.
What makes you a great fit:
- You have strong computer skills and are advanced in Excel.
- You have processed up to 1,000 timecards weekly!
- You are advanced in time and attendance software.