4664 Kiernan Court Salida, CA 95368 US
- This position is responsible for maintaining the plant's food manufacturing equipment and facility utilities as well as performing regularly scheduled maintenance on all processing and packaging equipment.
- The position requires proficiency and thorough understanding of various machine systems including but not limited to, mechanical systems, electrical and high voltage systems, PLC and controls systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, welding, and fabrication of equipment in a food manufacturing plant.
- The ability to function effectively in a team environment and interact productively with all levels of management and operations is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs various production equipment systems and devices and performs regular preventive maintenance as planned.
- Performs regular equipment checks and completes the required predictive checklists to identify early signs of potential equipment failures and minimize unplanned downtime and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate within the immediate supervisor and maintenance planner to schedule and develop inspection routines and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Performs new installations and relocations of new/existing equipment, regular and emergency startups and shutdowns of equipment in accordance with company standard operating procedures and safety requirements.
- Assist Team Leaders and line operators in efficient line start up and equipment adjustments.
- Assist other maintenance department staff with technical troubleshooting.
- Keeps supervisor and/or manager up to date on all on-going work assignments, provides consistent updates in regards to project status, completion time projections, and any problems that may have arisen during the course of the project.
- Performs high quality work that meets industry accepted maintenance practices to maintain compliance with external regulatory agencies.
- Continues to develop maintenance technical skills within mechanical, electrical, controls, hydraulic, pneumatic, welding and fabrication skill set.
- Increases equipment specific knowledge for maintenance activities on factory equipment such as cook kettles, pumps, mixers, food formers, ovens, fillers, food assembly equipment, fryers, primary packaging equipment such as wrappers, secondary packaging equipment such as formers and closers, metal detectors and palletizing equipment.
- Perform building and grounds maintenance and facility repairs as needed to include carpentry, plumbing, and painting.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Work safely and promote a safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of work experience on electrical/electronic systems, mechanical systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems is required with the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas