498 Aviation Blvd. Santa Rosa, CA 95403 US
Santa Rosa, CA
Temp to Hire $25+ DOE
Performs set-ups, adjustments, preventative maintenance, and repairs on assigned equipment. Will work at different workstations as production needs necessitate. Ensures optimal production and quality output of assigned equipment. May perform building and/or grounds maintenance, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Under general supervision, perform a variety of tasks requiring a good working knowledge of materials, tools, machines, and equipment at efficiency standards dictated by area.
- Minor repair work including but not limited to facilities maintenance.
- Immediately report to supervisor or group leader any unusual material, equipment problems or work conditions that would hinder operations, represent deviations from quality standards, good manufacturing practices or adversely affects safety standards.
- Paint any unsightly exposed beams, walls, or poles etc. as needed.
- Maintain housekeeping in assigned work area at all times of line stoppage during production runs and at the end of the shift, which includes participating as part of the clean-up crew during down time.
- Perform all duties safely; wearing required personal protective equipment, such as: gloves, apron, safety glasses, etc.
- May be responsible for training other employees as the need occurs.
- Observe all safety rules and immediately report hazards to the supervisor.
- Follow all company rules and regulations, per the Employee Reference Manual or department policy.
- Make preventative maintenance checks and inspection of assigned equipment ensuring safety and optimum performance. Report findings to supervisor/engineering and take appropriate action.
- Observe “Lockout/Tagout” procedures while working on equipment.
- Report to work on time each day as scheduled, ready and prepared to fulfill all assigned job duties.
- Make recommendations for improving new and existing equipment &/or process.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Previous equipment maintenance and repair experience, with one (1) year of work in an environment with a successful preventative maintenance program and a thorough understanding of manufacturing operation requirements.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools.
- Able to fabricate components and assemblies from drawings and concepts.
- Requires reaching, stretching, standing, lifting, bending, and squatting. May need to lift over 100 lbs.
- Safety oriented self – motivated team player
- TQM knowledge and ISO familiarity preferred.
While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is frequently required to reach, grasp, stand and/or sit for long periods of time (up to 90% of the shift), walk, talk, and hear; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a manufacturing and office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet, with frequent interruptions and multiple demands. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position.
While you may work for our client, Star Staffing will be your employer. Why is that important?
- You get paid WEEKLY! How cool is that?!.
- You have access to benefits: medical, dental, and vision day one.
- You have a dedicated recruiter that cares about your success.
- You have access to dozens of jobs by applying to just one company.
- We are fun to work with! Some weeks we pass out t-shirts, and some weeks, we give out ice-cream, pizza, and more. You’re in for some fun treats!.
For consideration call Aracely at 707-575-5005 or apply at www.starhr.com.