Kitchen Prep Worker - 1AM
2330 North Point Parkway Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Kitchen Prep Workers
Are you a food lover looking for great perks? Join a Santa Rosa organics food company offering generous benefits including onsite healthcare, food discounts, and a great referral bonus program. This family-owned company also has a scholarship program for children’s college or training.
New Starting Pay of $20.00 means these openings won’t last long!
Schedule: Sunday thru Thursday
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and follow all standard batching procedures and techniques. Including correct weighing and measuring procedures.
- Ensure correct tag labeling and storage procedures are being followed. All food or ingredient containers (buckets, plastic totes, transfer carts, steel totes, gondolas, etc.) must have a label, which includes the description of contents, and dare material goes into production, weight of bucket. All food safety practices must be always followed.
- Understand the quality attributes (smell, taste, texture, color, particulate size, etc.) of the food ingredients being prepped.
- Check for quality of items handled and report possible problems immediately to the Lead Prep, or Shift Lead. Duties include but are not limited to prepping onions, carrots, spinach, cheeses, canned goods, etc.
- You will be sorting different vegetables with your hands, squeezing, and moving to find foreign material that does not belong.
- Will be helping the cooks load and unload heavy items into kettles. You need to be helpful and cautious due to the heavy traffic in the area.
- Understand and follow all standard batching procedures and techniques. This includes correct weighing and measuring procedures.
- Able to check brix of the soy milk, temperatures and understand the different requirements to make different types of tofu (fresh, short press and super soft).
- Responsible for making sure temperatures from tofu meet HACCP expectations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form is required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from various backgrounds
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, kneel, crouch.
- The employee frequently is required to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to use PPE such as hairnet, smock, safety boots, ear plugs, safety glasses, apron, and gloves.
For immediate considerations, please contact Isabel Cano at (707) 575-5005.