HR Administrative Assistant
2330 Northpoint Parkway Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Schedule; Monday Through Friday
Provide assistance with Human Resource processes at designated manufacturing plant. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, benefits administration, wellness programs, leaves of absence, 401(k), processing employment and/or payroll status changes, maintaining personnel files, inputting confidential information, supporting recruiting, staffing and on boarding efforts, and assisting with the administration of Workers ’ Compensation claims.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recruiting and Staffing
- Coordinate hiring process for temp to hire and for regular plant hourly employees, including but not limited to tracking temporary workers over a time period to convert them to permanent employees, conducting background and reference checks, presenting job offers, complete new hire paperwork and communicate with the hiring managers and temporary agencies.
- Conduct employment testing for applicants as required for the position.
- Prepare and review new hire paperwork and offer letters.
- Coordinate the posting of internal job openings, which includes ensuring appropriate approval is received to post the job.
- Coordinate and assist with facilitating new hire orientations.
- Schedule interviews for non-exempt positions and ensure appropriate follow up occurs with internal/external candidates.
- Coordinate production of new hire packets; order and stock required supplies and paperwork; distributes packages, prepares employee personnel files.
- Perform data entry of benefits information in the HR system and benefit websites.
- Provide information to employees on all benefit-related questions and assist employees with benefit enrollment forms.
- Responsible for administrating the leave of absences including preparation of required notifications and tracking and processing of health insurance employee payments.
- Responsible for the preparation of employee benefits booklets and other employee benefit communications. Order and update compliance materials.
- Responsible for following procedures to ensure regulatory compliance including HIPAA and ERISA.
- Liaison at the plant for the Amy’s Family Health Center.
- Participate in and assist in coordinating benefit and wellness events (e.g. Open Enrollment, 401(k) meetings, health fairs).
- Maintain benefit files and records, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality
- Process and submit payroll information, including processing new hires and terminations, PTO requests, Employee Action Forms, troubleshoot payroll issues, distribute paychecks, and process verification's of employment for employees in designated manufacturing plant.
- Respond to employee’s payroll and HR related questions, assists with resolution of problems regarding access to or payment of PTO and salary and status changes.
- Assist employees with completing forms and process departmental forms, records and documents. This includes documents such as Employee Warning Notices, garnishments, EDD questionnaires, and other similar transactions.
- Keep all of the company organizational charts up to date.
- Maintain employee personnel files.
- Worker’s Compensation
- Schedule initial appointment with Occupational Medicine for work related injuries requiring medical care.
- File Workers Compensation injury with carrier.
- Set up and maintain Workers Compensation file.
- Track appointments and ensure employee follows up with required care.
- Communicate work status to supervisor and Safety and track time on modified duty.
- Ensure Transitional Work Agreement (TWA) is on file, and maintained, for every employee on modified duty.
- Provide necessary information to Workers Compensation adjuster and respond to requests of information in a timely manner.
- Coordinate production of Human Resources forms and packets. Maintain and order supplies for the human resources department as needed.
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and back-up to the Receptionist/Office Administrator.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Basic knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient on MS Word, Excel, E-mail Outlook
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Amy’s Food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years of administrative experience in a high volume/high touch environment
- Minimum of one year of Human Resources experience, preferably in manufacturing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.