4800 Sisk Road Salida, CA 95368 US
General Labor/Production Laborer
3-6 Month Assignment
We are in search of an extraordinary general laborer who thrives in a fast paced environment indoors and out doors . Do you have a friendly, positive, and ready to work demeanor?
3 reasons why this company is for you:
- Material handling functions, including but not limited to, forming and lining of containers, packing WIP and finished goods into containers, palletizing of product, and manual cut-in of raw materials as required.
- Perform general clean-up, and minor sanitation duties (i.e., sweeping, shoveling of spilled product, general cleaning of equipment and area) as required.
- Responsible for handling material of various weights and dimensions.
- Responsible for applying Stickers/Labels and stamps by paying special attention to detail (Lots/Batches/Customer Name & Addresses).
- Assist in loading trucks, stacking pallets/boxes and help assist in trailer inspection
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to communicate with others and regularly climb stairs. On shift employee is constantly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking, and lifting less than 10 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day but may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require employee to work around loud energized equipment and is routinely exposed to hazardous materials for extended periods of time. Exposure to adverse conditions can be, but are not limited to heat, cold, noise, dust, fumes, dirt, herbal aromas, airborne particles, grease, and chemical substances. Team member safety is very important to us
- The position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- as necessary is a requirement to the performance of this position.
- The position may require the ability to work in noisy areas and exposure to heat, cold and dust.
You’re good at:
- Excellent communication skills and a basic understanding of machine operations.
- Required to climb up and down ladders and catwalks.
- Must be able to identify and solve problems independently, coordinate workflow and meet output standards.
- Required to work overtime and weekends, as necessary.
Sunday - Thursday 10pm - 6:30am
About Star Staffing:
A women-powered workforce solutions and staffing company serving Northern California with offices in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Napa, Fairfield, Sacramento, Lodi, Hayward, and Manteca. We offer local expertise and service and provide a wide range of positions and industries.
For immediate consideration please call 209-800-2256 or apply to the role.