2330 Northpoint Parkway Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Our client, an organic food manufacturer, is seeking candidates to support the production/packaging department. The candidate will be responsible for the preparation of dough, mixtures of vegetables, condiments and other materials that will be used in the production lines. The employee is responsible for filling the batch sheets correctly and following the established operating procedures. The employee will also assist the packaging of frozen foods as well as assist the line lead with supervision and reporting when needed. This position rotates through several workstations requiring the worker to be able to perform the various tasks at each station.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work and maintain appropriate performance and quality standards at all positions or workstations.
- To take proper precautions and use all equipment and tools safely.
- To notify your Line Lead or Supervisor of safety, mechanical or quality problems immediately.
- Set up equipment at the beginning and during the shift.
- Bring supplies to the area and ensure correct supplies are used.
- Document operations by completing all required forms.
- Consistent clean-up and stock of area perform general housekeeping tasks as it relates to respective area in order to provide a clean and safe work environment.
- Work well in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Must be able to read and write as well as do basic math.
- Tasks also include but are not limited to loading trays into rack, bringing containers to the line and refill trays of food.
- Other job duties may be assigned.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form is required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from various backgrounds
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, kneel, crouch.
- The employee frequently is required to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to use PPE such as hairnet, smock, safety shoes, ear plugs, safety glasses and gloves.
For immediate considerations, please contact Carlos Torres at (707) 568-4782.