2330 NORTH POINT PARKWAY SANTA ROSA, CA 95407 US
Facilities Mechanic II
Starting Pay $22.00an hour DOE
Performs routine repair, modification and preventive maintenance tasks on buildings facilities, equipment, fixtures and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General building and grounds maintenance including interior and exterior painting and repairs, replace lamps and lights, plumbing and drain work, light carpentry, forklift operation, platform lift operation, roof repair, running errands to pick up parts, repair or installation of warehouse racking and strip curtains, preventive maintenance on air handlers, swamp coolers and HVAC units, monitor and assist with maintaining waste handling system.
- Follow lockout/tag out safety procedures during service and repair. Use personal protective equipment as required.
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth in employee handbook, safety manual and the GMP booklet.
- During peak season or base on company needs overtime is required.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as add, subtract, divide, multiply.
- REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.