1425 N. McDowell Blvd. Petaluma, CA 94954
Executive Assistant – Board Clerk
Hourly Rate: $27
A client is seeking an Executive Assistant for a local health care nonprofit organization. Your responsibilities include preparation and distribution of agendas and minutes of the board and various committees, appropriate notifications to the media, thorough understanding of the Brown Act, and knowledge of proper procedures for conducting business of the board. As Executive Assistant to the CEO, you’ll prepare and coordinate administrative policies, maintain meeting schedule and coordinate calendar, facilitate department reporting through timely and accurate report preparation and distribution, prepare various reports and manages data and information, and plans, prepare and distribute materials for District meetings.
Schedule is Mon-Fri, 8 or 9 am to 4 pm or 5 pm.
You’re good at:
- Serving as a primary point of contact for public and responds to requests for information.
- Provides planning and scheduling assistance to the CEO - travel arrangements and schedules meetings, itineraries and agendas.
- Organizes equipment for presentations to the Board and Committees and secures appropriate locations utilizing outside vendors when necessary.
- Prepares materials for the Board of Directors - Distributes meeting announcements, assists with meeting arrangements and minutes, as required.
- Demonstrates teamwork, cooperation, and professionalism in all interactions with Board members, stakeholders and fellow staff.
- Evaluates and improves processes as needed by implementing and supporting change.
- Actively participates as a member of Board Committees and staff committees.
- Read and analyze incoming District memos and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Maintain budget for assigned area of responsibility.
- Delegates work as appropriate to other administrative staff, providing direction and instruction as needed.
- Strong customer service, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Word processing, Excel, and Power Point Skills
- Knowledge of Brown Act