Die Cutting Operator- 1st SHIFT
715 S. Guild Avenue Lodi, CA 95240 US
POSITION SUMMARY: This position set equipment guides, stops, spacers or other fixtures according to methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; Inspect finish products according to product specifications and ensures finished job order meets the quality standard and is forwarded to the next production process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Read job orders to determine specified tolerances and sequences of operations for machine setup.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material, according to job number in PSI.
- Set stops on machine beds, change dies, and adjusts components, such as rams or power presses, when making multiple or successive passes, according to job number in PSI.
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Examine completed work pieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers, according to job number in PSI.
- Take product and job ticket to the next process.
- Remove dies from machines when production runs are finished.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EQUIPMENT/ COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Experience Computer aided design software and manufacturing software and MS Office
- Experience using a variety of tools (i.e., Calipers, Cutting machines, Drill press or radial drill, Hex keys, Hydraulic press brake, Open die forging press).
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Knowledge of machine and tools.
- Knowledge of production and processing.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Must have excellent math and measuring skills.
- Must be detail oriented and an active listener.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must have Arm-Hand steadiness and Manual Dexterity
- Must have the ability for Control Precision and Problem Sensitivity.
- Must have the ability for Information Ordering.
- Must be Multilimb Coordinate and have Selective Attention.
WORKING CONDITIONS: With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must be able to work in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Must have regular attendance
- Must be able to wear or use common protective or safety equipment as needed.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to use hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls for extended periods.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to understand the importance of being exact or accurate.
- Must be comfortable with sounds or noise levels that can be uncomfortable or distracting.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
About Star Staffing:
A women-powered workforce solutions and staffing company serving Northern California with offices in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Napa, Fairfield, Sacramento, Lodi, Hayward, and Modesto. We offer local expertise and service and provide a wide range of positions and industries.