REMOTE - Must be in California , Suite 2 Petaluma, CA 94954 US
The Controller will be responsible for the overall success of Star Staffing’s financial operations. You will be critical to the success of our company by continual optimization of all financial functions and strategies through accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, tax management, bookkeeping, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Your attention to detail and financial expertise, will ensure compliance for the organization and profitability.
As a dynamic leader, you will develop and enforce optimum performance of the financial team and branch operations. Your strengths will include a strong knowledge of and adherence to accounting principles, financial and staffing technologies, management skills, and strong leadership and communication skills.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors and vendors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting and payroll staff
- Identify and assist with implementation of business process and workflow productivity improvement within the organization
- Promote a philosophy of continuous improvement while maintaining a culture of accountability, including the clear construction of employee and organizational objectives, regular follow-up, and development of team members
- Provide a wide array of financial management including but not limited to revenue, cost, margin, operating expense, operating income, local and federal taxes, hour/headcount, cashflow, etc.
- Budgets and cash flow forecasting.
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Confirm that weekly tax payments are accurate and timely
- Prepare and file quarterly tax returns
- Work closely with accountants to review financials quarterly and develop any strategic financial planning and audits
- Cash management and weekly borrowings from lender.
- Manage week to week lender relationship.
- Conduct accurate and timely reviews of payroll, invoicing, tax, and other financial data on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Compose weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements by branch
- Weekly sales, cash flow and management reports.
- Develop internal checks and balances
- Ensure that timecard, payroll, and invoicing processes are effective and efficient for Star as well as employees and clients
- Streamline payroll and invoicing policies and procedures
- Work closely with software systems to confirm that all features are working to their fullest potential and accurately.
- Manage staff payroll, commissions, and benefits (401k, etc.)
- Ensure all payroll is accurately processed within legal and company guidelines in a timely manner each week
- Ensure invoices are accurately processed and distributed each week.
- Review all billing and payroll to resolve discrepancies.
- Work with clients to develop customized report, improve processes and resolve issues
- Confirm all client contracts are compliant
- Compose regular client profitability reports/analysis
- A/R and collection management, with lender as applicable.
- A/P - Manage vendor relationships.
- Assist in financial management of insurance matters.
- Lead the review and maintain all service contracts.
- Manage legal matters when relating to accounting, finance, payroll, etc.
- Understand and manage software, timekeeping, and report capability.
- Manage software/IT for all accounting, payroll, and invoicing matters
- Control and manage compliance issues.
- Handle audits, workers compensation, labor dept, lender, etc.