Business Development Manager
800 Howe Avenue, Suite 110 Sacramento, CA 95825
We are adding to our existing team in Sacramento to support additional growth!
The role of the Business Development Manager is responsible and held accountable for consistently increasing revenue through the generation of new business. This is done through a combination of methods such as research, lead generation, telephone sales, cold-calling, social media tools, networking, in-person appointments, and other techniques.
- Create a business plan to generate new clients to contribute to the Branches growth and profitability
- Secure new accounts through such methods as methods such as research, lead generation, telephone sales, cold-calling, social media tools, networking, in-person appointments, and other techniques.
- Develop strategy for penetrating and developing sales in light industrial, manufacturing, and clerical sectors
- Establish a daily and weekly business development schedule to reach individual gross margin dollar objectives
- Conduct sales activity and documents in system daily and weekly
- Generate fillable client orders from new and inactive clients. Track and move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Partner with Marketing team and Director of Client Relations to develop plan that supports strategic initiatives
- Coordinate with Managers to ensure fulfillment of client orders and sales opportunities
- Utilize resources throughout the company to facilitate the sales process
- Demonstrate the company's core values, operating principles, and service differentiators
- Meet all required monthly metrics including activity and billing goals
- Attend local networking and marketing events to generate additional leads and referrals
- Attend meetings with new clients conducting quality checks, status updates, and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Ensure profitability of new clients
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
- 2 to 4 years previous sales experience, ability to cold call and generate protentional new prospects
- Experience in selling directly to higher level executives desired
- Bachelors' Degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service driven
- Proven track record required
- Ability to make sound business decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong negotiation skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships and appropriate rapport with all levels within client organizations, candidates, internal colleagues and management
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the staffing industry
- Able to prioritize tasks to meet individual and business goals