Business Development Manager
108 West Turner Road. Ste C Lodi, CA 95240
Star Staffing is Northern California's premier staffing provider with offices in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Fairfield, Napa, Sacramento and Lodi. Star Staffing is managed by a dedicated team of professionals with nearly 40 years of combined experience in the staffing industry. The firm's operations are grounded in proven business practices and a commitment to client and employee satisfaction.
The Business Development Manager is responsible and held accountable for consistently increasing revenue through the generation of new business. This is done through a combination of methods such as research, lead generation, telephone sales, cold-calling, social media tools, networking, in-person appointments, and other techniques.
- Create a business plan to generate new clients to contribute to the Branches growth and profitability
- Secure new accounts through such methods as methods such as research, lead generation, telephone sales, cold-calling, social media tools, networking, in-person appointments, and other techniques.
- Develop strategy for penetrating and developing sales in light industrial, manufacturing, and clerical sectors
- Establish a daily and weekly business development schedule to reach individual gross margin dollar objectives
- Conduct sales activity and documents in system daily and weekly
- Generate fillable client orders from new and inactive clients. Track and move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Partner with Marketing team and Director of Client Relations to develop plan that supports strategic initiatives
- Coordinate with Managers to ensure fulfillment of client orders and sales opportunities
- Utilize resources throughout the company to facilitate the sales process
- Demonstrate the company's core values, operating principles, and service differentiators
- Meet all required monthly metrics including activity and billing goals
- Attend local networking and marketing events to generate additional leads and referrals
- Attend meetings with new clients conducting quality checks, status updates, and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Ensure profitability of new clients
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
- 2 to 4 years previous sales experience, ability to cold call and generate potential new prospects
- Experience in selling directly to higher level executives desired
- Bachelors' Degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service driven
- Proven track record required
- Ability to make sound business decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong negotiation skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships and appropriate rapport with all levels within client organizations, candidates, internal colleagues and management
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the staffing industry
- Able to prioritize tasks to meet individual and business goals
- Ability to travel, clean DMV and proof of insurance required