30977 San Antonio Street Hayward, CA 94544
Under the general direction of the Logistics Manager and/or Warehouse Lead, this position performs warehousing tasks associated with shipping/receiving, storage, movement of product within the facility and picking/loading of product.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of warehouse operations, shipping/receiving.
- Basic understanding of, or the ability to quickly acquire understanding and knowledge of the following, as applicable to warehouse/facility operations and this position:
- Food Processing Industry / Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry requirements.
- Production and Inventory Management (APICS) concepts.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) requirements and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plans relevant to facility and position.
- Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Personnel, Health, Safety and Environmental compliance
- Basic ability to use and/or increase proficiency with tracking/logging technological systems (e.g., Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Production Planning and Scheduling systems).
- Basic budgeting, math and cost accounting skills.
- Good project management and solution planning skills. Ability to proactively arrange solutions, to develop contingency plans, and apply sound judgment.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines, targets and goals.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with proficiency in English, written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills, with the ability to foster crew/team productivity and engagement.
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced environment, with flexibility to meet new job requirements and unexpected changes/demands.
- Solid organization and time management skills, with strong attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and to apply good judgment on when to consult with supervisor.
- Willingness to continually learn and improve applicable job knowledge and skills.
- Ability to travel if needed among work sites/facilities.
- Maintain certifications for all warehouse equipment
• Must be able to lift and move up to 80 pounds.
• Ability to use a computer
• Ability to work ability to work and provide support when required, including evenings/weekends or during unplanned or unexpected emergency situations
The job requires the individual to work in an environment with and/or potential exposure to:
- Light to moderate noise
- Mild to extreme changes in temperature (e.g., hot, dry, cold and damp) and humidity (e.g. freezers, coolers, or warehouse)
- Chemicals used for cleaning/sanitation and/or toxic chemicals used for operations (e.g., ammonia, Freon, etc.)
- Hazardous energy usage (e.g., electricity, steam /condensate, etc.).
- Allergens (food/pork or meat related).
Working environment may include but is not limited to: the donning, wearing, and usage of hairnets, smocks, coats, gloves, boots, glasses, and hard hats.
The position is required to attend and/or become certified in workplace safety and accident prevention training and emergency responder training.
Text, Call or Email Claudia at