Recruiting Career Specialist
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
The Recruiting Career Specialist serves as the primary contact between Sonoma State University and Star Staffing. The Recruiting Career Specialist will lead the way, instrumental in recruiting students for open positions at Star Staffing, assisting them in their career development, and placing them into a new position. You will develop and maintain a qualified talent pipeline for available students and graduates. The success of this position will be:
- Recruiting, screening, & placement: Source, recruit, and place students into various positions.
- Career advice & resume help: Assist students in finding a job, providing career advice, online assessments.
- Career presentations: Present to classrooms to promote Star Staffing and get students interested in finding a job. Focused on career readiness and leadership.
- Job announcements & email distribution: Promote all jobs available for students on an on-going basis.
- Serve as main contact between Sonoma State University students and Star Staffing ensuring top notch service and strong partnership.
- Ensure billing goals for sales and profitability are met and exceeded.
- Establish and maintain active communication with students on an on-going basis.
- Post all jobs onto the SSU database and on billboards, send messages to all students and graduates, upload jobs into SSU Google Drive.
- Coordinate with teachers to promote jobs and small workshops in classrooms.
- Source, recruit, and screen students and place them into positions.
- Maintain a high level of career placement of students and graduates
- Collaborate with all university departments to identify obstacles and barriers to student achievement and to develop programs and intervention strategies which remove or reduce obstacles to student success.
- Document activity and updates including candidates into the database.
- Enrich the student experience by developing and implementing student focused activities, clubs, events and recognition programs.
- Engage staff, faculty and students with your amazing communication skills and ability to build and maintain strong relationships built on mutual respect