Petaluma, CA 94594
The Payroll Specialist will participate in the following ways:
- Work within the Payroll Team to assure accurate payroll data
- Assist in preparing and processing multiple payrolls
- Review timecards and checks for accuracy
- Balance payroll entries
- Distribute and mail checks to appropriate locations
- Receive and setup Direct Deposit information for employees
- Work with EDD and Garnishment requests for information
- Data entry
- Participate in a the payroll system committed to operational excellence
- Organize and file payroll reports, documents, etc.
- File/Compliance Audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Efficiency with Microsoft applications (i.E., Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain sensitive data in a confidential manner.
- Good communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Action oriented and results driven
- Ability to jump from project to project
- Personal integrity
- Ability to work under time constraints in order to meet deadlines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail required
- Previous experience in payroll highly preferred
- General knowledge California wage/pay law a plus