Aim for the right job. Apply today!
Maintenance Mechanic II
Santa Rosa, CA
Maintenance Mechanic II
Temp to Hire/Direct Hire
10: 00pm to 6: 30am (third shift)
Monday - Friday
Must be able to work weekends
Star Staffing has a great opportunity to join a leading local food manufacturing company as a Maintenance Mechanic. This position requires routine equipment serving and maintenance including repairs.
Desired Qualifications and Physical Demands
The ideal candidate must be able to follow directions and adhere to specific rules and regulations at all times. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Primary Job Functions
- Perform routine repairs and service on equipment and facility.
- Minimize production downtime due to mechanical reasons through quick response.
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections and procedures such as lubricating, cleaning, adjusting, etc.
- Develop mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair skills with guidance from the Maintenance Supervisor, Mechanic 1, or Maintenance Manager.
- Utilize a wide variety of hand and portable tools to perform assignments.
- Assist in running services to new or relocated equipment (air, water, electrical).
- Perform carpentry work as needed.
- Learn packaging equipment setup and changeover including fine tuning and necessary adjustment.
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth in employee handbook, safety manual and the GMP booklet.
- Follow lockout/tag out safety procedures during service and repair.
- Use personal protective equipment as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- During peak season or base on company needs overtime is required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires a well-rounded knowledge of the practices, tools equipment and materials used within the Maintenance Mechanic' s trade.
For consideration, please email resumes to luz@starhr.Com