Assembly Technician II
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Santa Rosa, CA
Our client is seeking an Assembly Technician II to support. As an Assembly Technician II, you will perform mechanical equipment assembly, performs prototype testing and maintenance of products and equipment. The Assembly Technician will be instrumental in the success of the company!
*Direct Hire - company covers 100% Medical Benefits, 401k available and more!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Pay $18+ D.O.E
You re good at:
- Reads assembly drawings, system schematics, and bills of material to kit parts, build and test mechanical equipment.
- Utilizes commercial instruction manuals and typical product specification sheets to correctly perform tasks including but not limited to: install valves in correct orientation, replace valve and pump seals, properly torque compression fittings and seal NPT threads.
- Safely and methodically performs equipment testing including but not limited to: low pressure leak checks (100 psi), high pressure leak checks (5, 000 psi), pump operation, valve operation, and steam valve operation.
- Basic welding including but not limited to part layout, stainless steel welding and weld inspection.
- Basic machining to prepare stainless steel enclosures, modify existing machine parts, or make brackets as required for equipment assembly.
- Responsibly executes all work assignments with a focus on safety, quality, responsible creativity, electrical/mechanical aptitude, and follow through.
- Provides sound technical advice, contributes to process development, and demonstrates technical competence and continued improvement with minimal direction.
- Ability to successfully kit, build, test, troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment.
- Ability to safely and successfully use basic shop equipment, including a mill and lathe, to make and modify parts are required for equipment assembly.
- Ability to read and markup drawings and bills of material to correct mistakes and capture as-built changes to an assembly.
- Ability to safely and successfully layout and weld basic stainless-steel assemblies.
- Computer literacy skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and basic file structure. Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook e-mail, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and convey detailed technical data.
- Excellent in identifying problems and developing solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships within the company and with customers.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience
- Minimum AA/AS degree in an electronics discipline and/or a specialized training/certification or equivalent