Aim for the right job. Apply today!
Workers Compensation Claim Specialist
Pleasant Grove, CA
Star Staffing is a local, women-owned, full-service staffing partner serving businesses and job seekers throughout Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Solano, and surrounding counties .
Our goal? To make finding a job effortless for you!
Your Job is here, Waste No Time and Apply now!
Workers Compensation and Liability Insurance Claim Specialist
Temporary (6 months)
Pleasant Grove, CA
8: 00 am 4: 30 pm M-F
The Workers Compensation and Liability Claim Specialist will support the corporate insurance program by filing claims, maintaining logs and process monthly billings.
- File workers compensation claims.
- Maintain workers compensation files and logs.
- Act as liaison between workers compensation insurance carrier, broker and employees.
- Discuss claim changes with adjuster to verify reasonableness.
- Update management on claim statuses as changes occur.
- Work with management to find transitional duty for injured workers.
- Process monthly workers compensation billing and accruals.
- Monitor claim specific accruals.
- Conduct workers compensation training for new supervisors.
- Participate in quarterly new hire orientation.
- Coordinate quarterly insurance claims reviews.
- Coordinates with Liability and Workers' Compensation carriers to provide certificates of insurance as requested by customers. Maintain Holt s current certificate holder s lists.
- Coordinate and assist with annual audits conducted by insurance companies.
- File and monitor new general liability/equipment/auto claims and assist claims adjuster in obtaining information related to the claim.
- Process general liability premium and claim invoices.
- Process all First Aid Only invoices for payment.
- Post OSHA 300 logs annually.
- Complete and post labor law posters annually.
- Assist Safety Manager when necessary.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
Education and or Experience:
Associates degree and/or completion of related certificate program; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Insurance experience required.
$18-$22 an hour D.O.E.