Aim for the right job. Apply today!
Service Writer Calistoga, CA
Assist Assistant Service Manager in maintaining accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the service department s operation within the dealership.
Experience in the agriculture industry is a necessity along with a great attitude. We can offer a solid company that is set up for growth and a great benefits package. The pay can increase depending on skill and experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Fields internal and external customer inquiries to the Service Department
- Opens work orders as directed by the Assistant Manager and maintains control until they are closed and invoiced
- Creating purchase orders as required including contacting necessary vendors to obtain equipment
- Maintains Service Department filing and records
- Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours, or other information from the customer work orders
- Conducts monthly service Safety meeting; initial new hire safety training of Service Technicians
- Maintains Service Technician time card tracking daily in JD Equip system
- Prepares Service Technician efficiency reports
- May process warranty and/or product improvement claims including the computation of charges, submission and follow-up when required
- Assists with the assignment & scheduling of jobs and work areas to Service Department employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- Add & maintain Marking Service Times registry
- Assist in the appraisal of repair orders coming into the Service Department and may review orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Advises Service Manager of all customer complaints.
- May fill the Service Manager role in their absence.
- May arrange for re-conditioning of used equipment and set-up of new equipment.
- May assist in providing performance feedback for service technicians and staff to the Service Manager.
- Communicates, enforces, and monitors effective service department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates customer clinics, field days and related promotional events.
- Effectively engages department personnel.
- Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office, internet functions, and working knowledge of JD equipment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Customer first approach
- Knowledge of office procedures
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Lifting, pushing, pulling up to 20 pounds
- Repetitive hand use up to 8 hours a day
- Walking or standing up to 4 hours a day
- Sitting up to 6 hours a day
- Squatting/kneeling up to .5 hours a day
- Computer/keyboard work up to 8 hours in a day
Salary: $35, 360/year