Aim for the right job. Apply today!
San Rafael, CA 94903
Your Job is here, Waste No Time and Apply now!
Are You a Self-Motivated and Energetic Individual? We Have the Perfect Job for You!
Temp to hire
Join a fast and high energy kitchen environment as a Dishwasher. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and dedicated individual who is able to work in a demanding environment. The position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of flatware, glassware, dishes, kitchen equipment, and surface areas. Reports to the Executive Chef.
Desired Qualifications and Physical Demands
The position requires effective judgment, organization, prioritization and attention to detail, while maintaining a positive and cooperative spirit among coworkers and residents. Other qualifications include:
- Ability to understand, read, and follow instructions.
- Ability to make decisions regarding problems or situations to refer to supervisor.
- Able to perform work involving light to moderate physical effort, including occasionally lifting of weight up to 50 pounds.
- Capacity to learn how to operate dish machine and burnishing machine.
- Willingness and capacity to follow safe and healthful work practices.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Food Handler s Certification is required.
The kitchen is large and modern, and presents with heat, noise and moisture. It is especially busy during dining hours. Dish machine area can be confining. Standing and walking is required. Position typically bends, stoops and crouches on a regular basis to place dishes, flatware, glassware and equipment in correct locations. Danger of burns from fire, water or equipment exists, although injury is not expected. Communication with co-workers who speak little or no English is likely. There is potential to sustain minor cuts, burns or bruises; serious injury is improbable.
Primary Job Functions
- Washes and sanitizes pots, dishes, utensils, and equipment by hand or machine.
- Distributes and stores clean dishes, glasses, utensils and pots.
- Cleans and sanitizes production equipment, surface tops and shelves, including walls, floors and ceilings in both kitchens. All ovens, sinks and walk in refrigerators.
- Cleans inside appliances, recesses and other areas.
- Monitors and maintains proper chemical amounts and temperatures for the dish machine and pot sink daily. Ensures water in dish machine is changed as needed.
- Cleans floors and ensures cleaning and replacement of floor mats at end of shift.
- Cleans entire Grille Room line each day.
- Cleans loading dock and garbage room and flattens all boxes for recycle.
- Cleans and organizes the Chemical Storage room every day.
- Clean all recycle containers and return them to assigned spots in the kitchen.
- Clean the floors and the Executive Chef office.
- Clean stainless steel hoods and filters in both kitchens.
- Safety Data Sheets understanding and compliance.
- Report all equipment issues to the Executive Chef and Dining Services manager as soon as possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dish machine.
- Power hose for floors and mats.
- Power washer and hose for kitchen mats.