Aim for the right job. Apply today!
San Rafael, CA
Our goal? To make finding a job effortless for you!
Join a fast and high energy kitchen environment as a Line Cook. The position is responsible for preparing food according to the Chef s instructions and firing the food according to resident orders, ensuring taste, temperature and attractive presentation. Reports to the Executive Chef.
Desired Qualifications and Physical Demands
- The position requires effective judgment, organization, prioritization and attention to detail, while maintaining a positive and cooperative spirit among coworkers.
- Broad knowledge of food and cooking techniques.
- Flexibility for daily changing menus and different kitchen duties.
- Previous line-cook experience.
- Ability to use knives and other kitchen equipment safely and efficiently during preparation.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions, recipes, specifications and standards.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Food Handler s Certification.
Primary Job Functions
- Prepares a variety of sauces and stocks, soups, stews, marinades, vegetables, starches, proteins and garnishes by roasting, poaching, grilling, braising, frying, making dressings and stewing meats.
- Determines type and amount of food and supplies (i.E. Condiments, spices, other flavorings) for assigned menu item(s).
- Completes cooking process during time of service to ensure proper temperature, flavor and aesthetics.
- Maintains assigned work station in a safe, sanitary, clean and organized condition.
- Communicates supply needs to relevant individual(s).
- Break down and clean each station at the end of each service. Ensure that all kitchen equipment is turned off
- Remove all food products from production line and wrap properly at the end of each service.
- Ensures FIFO of all food products. (First in, First out)
- Reports all food and kitchen issues to the Executive Chef and Dining Services Manager as soon as possible.
- Responsible to be trained all equipment with blades before using.
- Organize all walk-in refrigerators and store rooms.
- Knives, small food processors, mixers, slicing machine.
- Stove, oven, burners, braisers, kettle pot, steamer, fryer, searing grill, char broiler, stock pots and tilt skillet. Meat slicer, soup burners, salad mixer dryer.
- The work environment is a State-of-the-art kitchen. Prolonged standing, frequent walking. Lifting up to 50 pounds. Potential superficial cuts and burns. Exposure to heat, noise, moisture, cold.