Aim for the right job. Apply today!
Lead QC Technician (Bakery)
Our goal? To make finding a job effortless for you!
Your Job is here, Waste No Time and Apply now!
Lead QC Technician
Temp to Hire
Under the supervision of the Quality Manager, this position will facilitate work activities as it corresponds to the completion of department objectives. As part of assigned daily activities, the Lead Technician will assist the QC Manager by overseeing, monitoring, and coordinating team activities related to QC testing, BRC (British Retail Consortium) and site compliance activities.
- Lead day-to-day quality-assurance operations and serve as backup for quality assurance technician.
- Conduct research on Quality Assurance issues and trend data. Act on trends by alerting QA Manager to out of specification conditions or negative trends. Prepare reports and report data and trends as required. Assist in generating graphs for trend analysis.
- Review and ensure accuracy of all component scaling sheets and ensure they are available to Quality Technicians
- Review new product labels for accuracy and compliance to both NLEA regulations and customer specifications.
- Responsible for the isolation and destruction of old, obsolete and inaccurate labels
- Perform process checks throughout the production and packaging, including pre-operational checks, sanitation verification, label checks, water activity testing, net weight checks, package integrity checks and organoleptic checks.
- Assist in training employees on food safety, company processes and FDA Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain accurate and organized records of QA activities.
- Maintain organized inventory of retained products
- Monitor HACCP critical control points
- Participate in preparation for BRC and 3rd party safety audits.
- Maintain ongoing company compliance with all applicable BRC and company regulations and 3rd party auditor Requirements.
- College degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or a science related field preferred
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, OSHA Safety and FDA/USDA & BRC regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret FDA Guidelines, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Strong leadership, organizational, multitasking, problem-solving, analytical, statistical, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize and work within multifunctional teams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Willing to work flexible hours to accommodate business needs.
- One-year experience in process quality control preferred
- One-year experience within the baking industry preferred
For immediate consideration, please email resumes to Bianca@starhr.Com