Aim for the right job. Apply today!
Kitchen Prep Worker
Santa Rosa, CA
Great Opportunity to Join a Local, Family-Owned Food Manufacturing Company!
Kitchen Prep Worker
Temp to Hire
Working Hours & Compensation
3am to 11: 30am Monday thru Sunday $14.00
12pm to 8: 30pm Monday thru Sunday $13.50
Leading local food manufacturing company is seeking an energetic and self-motivated Kitchen-Prep Worker (Heavy Lifting). The position provides an ideal introduction to the food industry. Candidates will be working in a team driven environment and assisting in the preparation of raw materials to be used in food products.
Desired Qualifications and Physical Demands
The ideal candidate will be able to perform in a high-production and fast-paced environment as well as being able to follow directions and adhere to specific rules and regulations at all times. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move 50 - 65 pounds and team lift over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
Primary Job Functions
- Follow instructions from Shift Lead, Lead Prep, Kitchen Supervisor or Kitchen Manager.
- Understand and follow all Standard Operating Procedures for Prep equipment.
- Understand and follow all standard batching procedures and techniques. This includes correct weighing and measuring procedures.
- Ensure correct tag labeling and storage procedures are being followed. All food or ingredient containers (buckets, plastic totes, transfer carts, steel totes, gondolas, etc.) must have a label which includes the description of contents and material that goes into production, weight of bucket. All food safety practices must be followed at all times.
- Must have a clear understanding of basic Math and Reading.
- Understand the quality attributes (smell, taste, texture, color, particulate size, etc.) of the food ingredients being prepped. Check for quality of items handled and report possible problems immediately to the Lead Prep, or Shift Lead. Duties include but are not limited to: prepping onions, carrots, spinach, cheeses, canned goods, etc.
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth in employee handbook, safety manual and GMP booklet.
- Report all mechanical problems to the Prep Lead, Assistant Supervisor, or Kitchen Manager or Maintenance Department immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Prep Lead or Assistant Supervisor or dictated by the production schedule.
- Regular Attendance Required.
Experience and Skills
- Must successfully pass math and literacy test.
For considetion, e-mail Luz@starhr.Com or give us a call at 544-44449