Aim for the right job. Apply today!
Harvest Lab Technician
Santa Rosa, CA
Sant a Rosa, CA
The individual in this position will be responsible for performing routine wine chemistry analysis in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with good lab practice. Candidates for this position should have knowledge of chemistry, winery terminology, and wine production.
Schedule: The work schedule would be day shift 6 days per week 8-10 hours, depending on Harvest workload.
- Sampling of barrels and tanks for lab analysis
- Use of densitometer for measuring specific gravity, brix and temperature
- Sampling for enzymatic analysis to monitor fermentations
- Analysis of free sulfur dioxide by aeration-oxidation titration
- Analysis of total sulfur dioxide by Ripper titration
- Analysis of pH by probe
- Analysis of ethanol by near infrared
- Analysis of titratable acidity and pH by automatic titration
- Analysis of turbidity by turbidity meter
- Analysis of volatile acidity by Cash still distillation
- Entry of analytical results into database
- Preparation of next day paperwork for sampling and recording data
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates preferably have a BS or BA in Microbiology, Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Enology, or a related degree. The candidate should possess spoken and written English skills, must be detail-oriented, and computer literate (Word, Excel, and database systems); Spanish language skills are a plus, but not required. Prior production experience in a wine lab environment is a plus. Requires work schedule flexibility. Must be able to lift 35 lbs. And able to stand for long periods of time.
While you may work for our client, Star Staffing will be your employer. Why is that important?
- You get paid WEEKLY! How cool is that?!
- You have access to benefits: medical, dental, and vision day one.
- You have a dedicated recruiter that cares about your success.
- You have access to dozens of jobs by applying to just one company.
- We are fun to work with! Some weeks we pass out t-shirts, and some weeks, we give out ice-cream, pizza, and more. You re in for some fun treats!
Pay: $15.00 - $16.50 DOE
For immediate consideration please send resumes to estefania@starhr.Com or call 707-575-5005.