Aim for the right job. Apply today!
Star Staffing is currently recruiting for a seasonal cellar worker. In this position you will be cleaning and sanitizing cellar equipment. Weighing and sorting grapes, and performing regular daily pump overs during fermentation. Other duties will include barrel filling and cellar organization. It is essential to handle all winery chemicals and additives properly along with following all safety procedures. You will be required to perform all other duties that are asked of you. Pay $16.00 D.O.E
These duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow and observe all safe cellar practices
- Sanitation in all areas ( facility and equipment)
- Equipment set-up
- Wine transfer, racking and blending
- Understanding of barrel operations, racking, filling and topping
- Filter operation, pressure leaf, lees, pad, membrane, and sterile filtration
- Chemical additions to wine and juice
- Team leader, ability to direct team members to achieve established production standards
- Basic computer skills in Word and Excel
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds
- Other duties assigned by Foreperson or Cellar master
The individual selected for this position must be reliable, posses a good work ethic and have the desire to develop skills to advance in the company. In addition, this individual must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. On a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time. A flexible work schedule is necessary. Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed particularly during harvest season.
A minimum of 1-2 years previous winery experience.
For more information, please contact Aracely at (707) 575-5008 or at aracely@starhr.Com